Examples of NCS Approaches to Web Design and Marketing
We tailor our recommendations for your individual business situation but with some common themes:
- Understanding your objectives and budget
- Building a solid business, technical and design platform for your website to succeed
- Providing a package of prioritised services within your budget
We present some case studies here of two very different clients who illustrate these themes:
One4Two was set up in 2007 by owner Kathy Lawrence as a small romantic getaway for couples with just one luxury suite located in Bude in Cornwall. Kathy was introduced to NCS by existing NCS clients Clive & Wendy Hawkins of Country Cottage Plus.
Starter Business Web Development Package
Kathy chose our all round service Starter Business Package . This provided:
- Advice on her site strategy and content
- Keyword research to identify what terms her potential customers were using in search engines
- Professional copywriting support
- Individual site design with an initial 4 page website
- Search engine optimisation and promotion
- One year’s free web hosting
The site was launched in late May 2007 with an attractive and distinctive design and a full Content Management System for Kathy to update the site herself.
One4Two prospered immediately with good web traffic and enquiries generated.
Pleased with her business results, Kathy decided to add more love nests to her Bude property and asked NCS to further expand her website. The bigger site went live in October 2008.
- Web visitors doubled between April 2008 and 2009 with over 1500 a month being consistently achieved in early 2009
- Despite limited promotional spend, one4two.co.uk enjoys page one positions in Google for many targeted search terms and even more in Yahoo and MSN, including top positions on several
- Google results (March 2009) included:
|Keyword Term||Google Position|
|Romantic getaway||5 out of 279,000 pages|
|Romantic break Cornwall||2 out of 39,100 pages|
|Romantic UK break||4 out 986,000 pages|
|Cornwall weekend away||7 out of 57,200 pages|
|Romantic UK breaks||7 out of 184,000 pages|
|Romantic weekend getaway||4 out of 185,000 pages|
The success of the business led to further expansion and in 2013, the site was completely redesigned with an online booking system, a Blog and videos to illustrate the Romantic lovenests that One4Two have become famous for. To the Aphrodite suite and Base4You have now been added Morpheus suite, Lindos and the latest, Marakesh.
In 2013, One4Two featured on Channel Four's "Four in a Bed" series, which created still more interest. So much so that extra web resources had to be made available to cope with the traffic!
Google Analytics show the growth of this business graphically with the following figures:
2012 8000 sessions
2013 9500 sessions
2014 17000 sessions.
Nearly all this traffic comes from Google organic searches.
One4Two is a good example of a small site:
- Targeting a niche market with a good idea and quality product
- Punching above its weight in the search engines to attract good levels of web traffic
- Converting visitors to sales / bookings with good content and attractive individually-created web design.
Kathy comments: “I have been delighted with the results achieved thanks to all your great design. You have made such a successful site.”
The Business: Mike and Terri Rhode operate top quality luxury villas for rent in Provence, Tuscany and Marrakech. They run vacation gourmet cooking schools from these and had just published a new cookbook based on the French and Italian cooking schools’ Mediterranean cuisine.
The Challenge: To launch a new website to sell the Mediterranean cookbook, plus revamping the old and out of date cooking school and luxury villas web site designs to achieve more bookings.
- Detailed keyword research which identified a large number of worthwhile search phrases in use for each site, then development of enhanced, more powerful content building the keywords page by page into the new sites
An image rich ‘family web design’ was created to give the sites a cohesive, quality appeal with custom 3D graphics selectively used. Other features included:
- Online sales capability for the cookbook
- Content management for a monthly recipe page including an online image library
- Press section with password controlled library of downloadable images
- Upgraded hosting was provided on the 2 main sites to maintain download and email speeds
- A manual search engine registration programme focussed on the US and international search engines plus an ongoing pay per click engine campaign
- Substantial growth and levels of site traffic with over 12,000 per month visits to each of the first 2 sites soon after launch
‘We receive many compliments on our sites and 80% of our bookings now come from the internet’, said marketing manager Mike Rhode Junior
|Mediterranean Cookbook||Cooking School||Luxury Villas|
Net Commerce Solutions
Web Design and Marketing Strategy Consultants for UK and International Markets